Sunday, October 11, 2015

MY STORY....NOT HIS STORY...

My first ambition (when I was standard 1) was to be a soldier, just like my late father   (Al-Fatihah upon him - this is an Islamic way to remember the deceased by reciting the surah from the Quran). 


I couldn't imagine I ever dream of becoming one!


Later when I was in standard 4, I thought of becoming a Doctor. Yeah..cool career I guess, people would call you...Doc!...he3..


Emm..more like it..but could I?..


Ok, my idea of becoming a Doctor came after my 3rd elder brother pursuing his study in Medicine in University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur. I'd always dreaming of wearing white jacket and carry a stethoscope with me...ha!..ha!..ha!..even sweeter, ther was a TV series about a life of a genius teenager doctor...Doogie Howser MD. That was my inspiration!

Is there anybody was so inspired by this TV series that turn them into a real doctor?

Along the way, I knew it was a tough studying years and would be tough working years ahead waiting for a doctor. Hmm...i had a split mind, after witnessing my brother's life as a MEDIC student. He once told me, "if you want a more relaxed career but still in the field of healthcare, why don't you consider DENTISTRY". It was a no-stranger to me hearing that word. After that, the word sounds like a music to my ear...lalala...lalalala..


All I could imagine of being a Dentist!! 


My hobby is sketching and painting. I love to draw, that was how I had an idea of becoming an Architect. Actually it was my 4th elder brother who advised me on what career to chose for my future.

I still remember after getting my SPM result, (SPM = Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia/Malaysian Certificate of Education..taken at the age of 17-year-old) I got the call from him from the US (my brother was studying Mechanical Engineering at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor). I told him I wanted to take dentistry.. and guess what he said?.."Dentistry is more suitable for woman...go and challenge yourself"..Ha3..I never expected that kind of reaction. Suddenly my dream and song of dentistry vanished..gone with the wind...

Then he said..."since you love so much to draw and good at it, why don't you take architecture, it has to do with sketching and drawing things"...

Since the day..the word architecture filled my head and it was my first choice of learning course when I filled up an entry form to the university.

Did I make the right choice???

No comments:

Post a Comment